DIXIE COWBOY - Made in the good ol' USA 100% Buffalo, Ox, Ram, Sheep, Yak HORN COMBS are just perfect for your hair or that messy beard :)! Hand carved from real animal horns and then . and shined. All our BAREKNUCKLE Horn Combs are made one at a time and since each piece of animal horn is different there may be slight tone and color differences, sometimes even cool features like scuffs, splits, divots or rings.
Our goal with Bareknuckle Horn Combs was pretty straightforward. We wanted to create a quality comb made from animal horns that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. We try and keep our designs simple, rustic and functional. The more hours we spend carving the Mona Lisa into the comb the more we would have to charge you :) So with that in mind we design and make classic style combs that are affordable for everyone! Try one for yourself, I was truly amazed years ago how much nicer my hair look and felt when I first started using horn combs.
Each comb is signed by the artist.
Width - 5”
Height - 1.6”
NEW TO HORN COMBS?? Here are a few reasons to use them, there is many more :)
1. THE END OF STATIC ELECTRICITY! Unlike plastic combs, the horn comb does not trap electric charges. The air around you in contact with your hair produces static electricity all day long. Combing your hair with a horn comb helps balance the hair's electrical charge. Some movie studios use horn combs because the result is impeccable. Some people find that this property even helps to remove stress.
2. THE COMB GOES THROUGH HAIR BETTER! The horn has the same molecular nature as hair. It does not cling to its surface (unlike plastic) and facilitates untangling. The horn comb glides through the hair, without weakening it.
3. SHINER HAIR! A horn comb smoothes the hair and closes its scales. A comb or brush made of plastic would attack the hair, tear its micro-particles, and destroy the cuticle. With a horn comb, the cuticle is intact and reflects the light. The hair is shinier.
4. HEALTHIER HAIR! The keratin of the comb helps to close the cuticle scales. The hair scales, once closed, are more resistant to external aggressions from pollution, physical assaults related to sunlight, weather, temperature or humidity. Hair is less greasy, and less dehydrated.
5. IT'S GREEN! Horn is a natural, renewable and fully biodegradable material. The residues from the manufacturing process are used to make buttons or are crushed into powder and used as natural fertilizer by farmers and local gardeners. Grinding is natural, using a mixture of pumice and water. Combs are polished mechanically with a cloth. The manufacturing process does not use any solvent.
Your wood combs should require little care over the years. They can be wiped clean with damp cloth if they become dirty. You can make your comb last a lifetime by wiping a few times a year with oil (coconut, jojoba, almond etc..).
HORN combs can also be wiped cleaned & oiled with lanolin when needed.
All our custom animal hair brushes are made to last and they should require little care over the years. Oil build up is great but if it gets stinky, you can rinse and wash them a couple times a year with a mild shampoo and air dry if needed. Do not soak in water or alcohol. Some shedding is normal when new. I
1-3 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
We can not accept returns on items like combs and brushes etc... I could never in good faith accept a used comb back and resell it nor can we take your word for it that you didn't brush with it :P. Just the thought of it makes me cringe typing this :P If you ordered something that wound up not being perfect for you then do get in touch and we can chat about giving you a discount code to try another item. BUT under no circumstance can I even think about taking back those kinds of items. We love our customers and always use the highest standards when it comes to health and safety.
Our typical packaging consists of brand new heavyweight boxes and new bubble wrap... BUT .... we hate waste here whether it's horn chunks, wood pieces or even packaging items we get ourselves. SOOOOO I always keep a big box full of brown recycled paper, used bubble wrap, air pillows and anything else I can reuse. We don't normally ship with it UNLESS someone asks so PLEASE PLEASE just add a note with your order if you would like Green packaging.
This seems to be the number one thing I've had emails about recently. All animals are treated with respect and dignity. When possible the material is sourced right on our farm but when needed we buy from other suppliers. It goes without saying that our GOAT and HORSE hair brushes are from "no kill" animals. Our boar hair is sourced in Texas from several places and is collected from wild boar who are hunted and processed for meat. There is no cruelty involved and all boars are dispersed as humanely as possible. Hair collection is only done when animal is processed after death.
Our animal hair is sourced right here in Texas. All our wood is sourced right here as well but there are a couple for obvious reasons like they don't grow in Texas that are sourced elsewhere. Same with the horns
We love what we make and our handmade items take up most of our free time these days. We treat each one like it's our artistic interpretation and as a piece of art. We no longer accept custom or personalized orders as what little free time goes into creating more product for our shop. Thank you for understanding.
Where applicable we will give an idea of the ingredients in the product. We do this for the love and all items are as advertised so if we say something is "glycol free" or "soy free" etc... it is. We love these products and we love you (our customers) so rest assured that our products are 100% as advertised. BUT, if you have a specific allergy please just email us and we can tell you if it's safe.
We are always happy to work with store owners, barber shops, online resellers and anyone who wants to sell Dixie Cowboy Products. Just send us a message and we can work on a custom wholesale order just for you. We are not currently wholesaling our handmade combs and brushes, it is just impossible to mass produce these at this time. Some minimums apply when placing items for resale.